“R is a free software environment for statistical computing and graphics” – source click here.
- Getting Started with Microsoft R Client
- Microsoft R
- Installing DeployR for Microsoft R Server 2016 (8.0.5) on Windows
- Set up SQL Server R Services (In-Database)
- SQL Server 2016 R Services: Guide for Server Configuration
- You need Windows Server 2012 R2
- JDK needs to be installed before running the SQL 2016 setup program
- Enable TCP/IP and restart your SQL 2016 instance.
- Connect to the instance.
- Run:Exec sp_configure ‘external scripts enabled’, 1;reconfigure;
- Restart all services, SDE, SSA, Polybase, Launchpad service.
- Note. If you don’t restart the Launchpad service, you will get below error message.
- Msg 39011, Level 16, State 1, Line 8
SQL Server was unable to communicate with the LaunchPad service. Please verify the configuration of the service.
Msg 11536, Level 16, State 1, Line 8
EXECUTE statement failed because its WITH RESULT SETS clause specified 1 result set(s), but the statement only sent 0 result set(s) at run time.